So you are ready to create a Twitter account for your business? Great! It is really simple to get started:
- Go to Twitter's sign up page: https://twitter.com/signup
- Create your Twitter @username
- Your username, also known as your handle, is your unique identifier on Twitter. It can contain up to 15 characters and should help people easily find your business. Your name appears on top of your username. They can be the same — but they don’t have to be.
- Add a profile photo
- Choose a profile photo that visually represents your business or brand and fits well in a small space. This image isn’t just on your profile page; it will be shown as the icon in every Tweet you post.
- Write a bio
- You have 160 characters to let people know what makes your business special, and why they should follow you. Include useful information, such as your location or business hours, and a link to your website. Use a unique link, so you can track visitors to your site from Twitter.
- Add a header image
- Consider this a billboard for your business. You can feature products, use a graphic with text, or highlight your employees. Swap out this image periodically to spotlight promotions, events, or product news.
- Write a "pinned" Tweet
- Keep an important Tweet at the top of your timeline by pinning it there. Click on the “more” option on the Tweet you want to pin and select “Pin to your profile page.” Use this feature to make sure visitors to your profile can’t miss your latest news, products, offerings, or events.