ServiceMaster Restoration serving Montgomery, Frederick, Howard, Prince George’s and Washington Counties has provided disaster restoration services for our community since 1991. Based in Frederick, Maryland, our team is committed to proving excellent customer service while being a fun and dedicated team.
HR ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Create and maintain employee files and records, I9 files, benefits files.
2. Ensure compliance with Federal and State employment regulations and record keeping requirements
3. Assist with payroll related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, etc.
4. Job posting on different recruitment sites, job boards and social media platforms.
5. Conduct phone screens, reference checks, background checks, drug screens and interview schedules for potential hires.
6. Process workers compensation claims
7. Coordinate employee trainings
8. Maintain HR data base and track employee benefits (health insurance, time off, etc.)
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
1. Team player and positive attitude
2. Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred
3. Able to handle confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism
4. Experience with recruitment sites and social media for recruitment purposes
5. Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
6. Ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets and power point presentations
7. Attention to detail.
8. A minimum 2 years of experience in data entry, recruiting and general human resources duties is preferred. An Associate Degree in HR is also acceptable.
This is a new position initially designed to be part time, 20 hours a week. The schedule is flexible as long as the minimum hours required is met between normal business hours. If the need arises as the company is continuously growing, this position may become full time.
To apply for the Human Resources Assistant, please send cover letter, resume and salary history and requirements.