Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro

96


Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro
Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro is listed in the Surplus & Salvage Merchandise category in Greensboro, North Carolina. Displayed below are the social networks for Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro which include a Facebook page, a Google Plus page, a Instagram account and a Linkedin company page. The activity and popularity of Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro on these social networks gives it a ZapScore of 96.

Contact information for Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro is:
300 Bellemeade St
Greensboro, NC 27401
(336) 389-9118
Do you own or manage this business? Click here to claim the Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro listing and add social networks, logos, descriptions and more.

Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro Contact Information:

Social Posts for Architectural Salvage Of Greensboro

This charming Georgian Revival house with a brilliant green Ludowici tile roof at 106 Arden Place in the Sunset Hills neighborhood of Greensboro NC was likely constructed for Jennie Lu and Guy Laughon, who acquired the site in 1928. The couple seems to have lost the house in the Great Depression, and the house passed through ownership of Reba and Benjamin Marks and Otto Zenke before being purchased around 1969 by D. W. Hanson. Hanson is their American name, but their Chinese names were Der Jin Wing and Lee Miee Sing Wing. Mrs. Hanson loved the house greatly, and she lived to the remarkable age of 101. Upon her death in 2014 the family agreed to sell the house to neighbors who sought a complete and careful restoration. The house received new mechanical systems, a walk-up attic, two new bathrooms, kitchen, a master bedroom suite with walk-in closets. Historic features of the Laughon – Marks House were retained, including the hardwood floors, original divided light windows, the tiled veranda, and even the Ludowici tile roof! The project was recognized with a 2016 Greensboro Preservation Award. #brickarchitecture #sogso #greensboro #sunsethills #preservation #preservationgreensboro #award #colonialrevival #ludowici #archi_ologie

A Guide to Vintage Homes For Sale in Greensboro: GSOHistoricHomes.com brings together real estate listings for pre-1950 homes in Greensboro’s three historic districts, vintage neighborhoods, and the smaller towns and communities in Guilford County. Highlights of current listings range from an 1852 home on the National Register of Historic Places and a $2.9 million 1935 mansion to affordable fixer-uppers suitable for first-time home buyers.
Homes on the market in the Charles B. Aycock, College Hill and Fisher Park neighborhoods

In 1926, when Annie Betty and Marvin Griffith moved into their new Craftsman bungalow at 2415 Springwood Drive in Greensboro NC, they enjoyed country living on a large parcel in the city of Greensboro. Marvin worked as an auto mechanic for the Guilford Motor Company until the couple apparently lost their home in 1930 and moved to High Point. The house remained the sole structure on the block until after World War II. Neighborhood investors took the task of restoring the house by re-opening covered windows, removing layers of old carpeting to reveal hardwood floors, and installing a new kitchen and bathrooms. The front porch was even graced by columns selected from our own Architectural Salvage! Today it is part of the renewal in the Lindley Park neighborhood. The project was recognized with a 2016 Greensboro Preservation Award. #preservationgreensboro #preservation #award #architecture #archi_ologie #lindleypark #sogso #greensboro #craftsman #bungalow

In March of 1897, The Greensboro NC Patriot reported that “Dr. P. L. Groome contemplates the erection of a handsome building on the corner of South Elm and Lewis streets. The lowest floor will contain two store rooms and the upper floors will be arranged in flats. Brownstone will be used for the front.” The structure, located at 534 and 536 South Elm Streets, was among the earliest located south of the railroad tracks, and is part of a family of brick structures with granite trim that compose a “Greensboro School” of design that includes Natty Greene’s, the Cascade Saloon, and many other storefronts. By 2015, the Groome Building was in need of a major restoration. Its new owner leverage Historic Tax Credits through the building’s placement on the National Register. The result is a modern structure with authentic touchstones to the past such as early hardwood floors, windows, and high ceilings that is home to Downtown Greensboro and several other entities. The project was recognized with a 2016 Greensboro Preservation Award. #preservation #historicpreservation #savingplaces2017 #thisplacematters #sogso #greensboro #downtowngreensboro #preservationgreensboro #award #visitnc #brickarchitecture #northcarolina

Bessie and Oscar Melvin likely moved into this two story farmhouse in Greensboro NC around 1905. When the home built it was considered “beyond the city limits” along Asheboro Street, now located at 1603 Martin Luther King Jr Drive. The Melvin family received notoriety in 1913 when President Woodrow Wilson paid a visit to Greensboro, on which occasion the Melvins named their newborn son Woodrow Wilson Melvin! In return, the office of the president delivered a letter to the family stating “The president has learned with genuine appreciation of the compliment which you and Mrs. Melvin have paid him in the naming of your baby and he asks me to thank you warmly. He sent his best wishes for the long life and happiness of the little man.” Woodrow Wilson Melvin’s older brother was Joe Melvin, the father of Greensboro’s former mayor Jim Melvin. The Melvin House was used as income property and was eventually abandoned until it was acquired in 2016 by the Edge Water Group Inc. The house received structural repairs, all new systems, restored hardwood floors, a new kitchen, bathrooms, restored windows, and a lot of fresh paint! The project received a 2016 Preservation Award.