Acey Burglar Alarm Systems, Inc shared Texarkana Texas Police Department's post.
Reports of recent vehicle burglaries in town. Everyone please remember to lock your vehicles!
There has been a recent upsurge in burglaries, and we are asking for your help in preventing more from occurring.
The majority of the forty-six burglaries reported during November were in the areas of the city north of New Boston Road. Slightly more than half of that number were vehicle break ins and, in 92 percent of those cases, the vehicle had been left unsecured in some way by their owners.
In some of those instances, multiple vehicles in neighborhoods were victimized the same night. Assistant Chief Kevin Schutte said, “We believe the suspects are being dropped off late at night in an area of the city and then walking through the neighborhoods checking for unlocked car doors. Once they find one, they remove anything of value that can easily be carried. That has included money and guns.”
Help us help you by taking these basic steps to help protect your property:
• Always lock your vehicle and take the keys with you when you get out.
• Do not leave valuables inside the vehicle. If something absolutely must be left in the vehicle, it should be placed out of sight.
• Trim trees and bushes around your house that might provide a hiding place for a burglar.
• Ensure that the exterior of your home is well lit. Motion detector lights may also provide an additional deterrent.
• Become active in your local Neighborhood Watch group or help organize one if it doesn’t already exist. Promptly report suspicious persons or vehicles that you see in your neighborhood to police.
Want more information about crime prevention and Neighborhood Watch? You can give us a call at 903-798-3116.