The cold weather is here! Make sure your vehicle is up to date on maintenance before you head out into the chilly weather!
• BATTERY: Make sure terminals are tight
and clean. If lights seem dim or vehicle
starts are sluggish, have the electrical
system, including battery, checked by
• RADIATOR: Check coolant strength with
a hydrometer. Recommended protection
level is -36 degrees. Never check hot.
• BELTS/HOSES: Check belts for cracks
or fraying. Check hoses for leaks, bulges
or cracks. Make sure clamps are secure.
• WINDSHIELD WASHER/WIPERS:
Make sure reservoir is filled with washer
solvent. Replace wiper blades if needed.
• FLUIDS: Check oil, brake, transmission,
radiator coolant and power steering fluid
levels. Follow owner’s manual directions.
• AIR FILTER: Hold air filter up to a light.
If you can’t see through it, replace it.
• TIRES: Inspect wear. Check pressure
with a gauge when tires are cold. Refer
to owner’s manual for recommended air
pressure and tread depth specifications.
• LIGHTS AND SIGNALS: Activate
to make sure all work.