Barataria Animal Hospital

66
Barataria Animal Hospital
Barataria Animal Hospital is listed in the Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals category in Marrero, Louisiana. Displayed below is the only current social network for Barataria Animal Hospital which at this time includes a Facebook page. The activity and popularity of Barataria Animal Hospital on this social network gives it a ZapScore of 66.

Contact information for Barataria Animal Hospital is:
2657 Barataria Blvd
Marrero, LA 70072
(504) 340-6936

"Barataria Animal Hospital" - Social Networks

Click to visit the social networks of Barataria Animal Hospital:
66
Barataria Animal Hospital has an overall ZapScore of 66. This means that Barataria Animal Hospital has a higher ZapScore than 66% of all businesses on Zappenin. For reference, the median ZapScore for a business in Marrero, Louisiana is 32 and in the category is 52. Learn more about ZapScore.

Do you own or manage this business? Click here to claim the Barataria Animal Hospital listing and add social networks, logos, descriptions and more.

Barataria Animal Hospital Contact Information:

Social Posts for Barataria Animal Hospital

While New Orleans has no current documented cases of Canine Influenza, the H3N2 strain is confirmed in Louisiana and is highly contagious. Here are 10 things the Barataria Animal Hospital wants you to know about dog flu: There are two strains currently in the U.S. H3N8 and H3N2. H3N2 is confirmed in Louisiana as of May 2017. Neither strain of dog flu affects humans but humans can spread it. Dog flu spreads from coughing, sneezing and barking. The virus can survive on surfaces for 48 hours and on human skin for 12 hours. 80 percent of all dogs exposed to the virus will become infected. The remaining 20 percent can still spread the virus without showing symptoms. Common clinical signs are persistent cough despite treatments with antibiotics and cough suppressants. Other signs include a soft, moist cough or a dry cough that resembles “kennel cough.” Signs can progress to nasal and eye discharge, sneezing, lethargy, anorexia and fever. The incubation period is one to five days with clinical signs appearing two to three days after initial exposure. There is no true flu season. Dogs are susceptible all year long. Cats can be infected with H3N2 strain and show many of the clinical signs listed above. Sadly, there is no vaccination for cats at this time. The Barataria Animal Hospital offers vaccines for both H3N8 and H3N2 strains. Please call 504-340-6936 to set up an appointment.

Barataria Animal Hospital shared Zoetis's video.
Watch to see how relief from canine atopic dermatitis reunited a man and his dog.

Many thanks to the Scaccia family including "Sookie" , for the cookies! Great recovery from surgery!

A Chihuahua dog was found on Aubry Place road in Marrero. She was brought in to our clinic to check for a microchip. She does not have one. If you are missing a dog from this area , please call Barataria Animal Hospital at 340-6936, and we will contact the person who found her.